Post by perculia
The Warlords of Draenor digital preorder is now available on all realms.
The digital preorder costs $50, $70 for the Digital Deluxe and comes with a free level 90 boost which can be used as soon as WoD is purchased.
Warlords of Draenor is scheduled to release on or before December 20th, 2014.
The digital deluxe edition is also now available. This comes with the special Reins of the Dread Raven
mount and Dread Hatchling
battle pet (who perhaps interacts with Reins of the Raven Lord
and Reins of the Dread Raven
with Generic Mount-Pet Love Trigger
). It costs $70 and can be purchased on Battle.net
The boost link is available in-game, showing a $60 price. It's also available on the battle.net store
Blizzard has made a video explaining the boost process as well as an FAQ on the digital deluxe edition and boosts, which we've added to the end of this post.
In addition, note that if you are boosting a character from level 60 or above and want specific professions, you should have learned your professions in-game prior to boosting your character. What's more, the spawn-in points on PvP servers occasionally have players attacking new 90s using the Censer of Eternal Agony. Your Hearthstone takes you to the Shrine, so is a good way to escape if this happens to you.Click the cut to read more!
Purchasing a Boost
- The in-game shop has a new section: Services. From there, players have the option to select a Level 90 Character Upgrade and pay in-game.
- After making the transaction, you have the option to boost an existing character or to create a new character for Step 1.
- For Step 2, you must select a specialization--this affects the starter gear you will get. Then, hit the Level Up! button.
- Level 1 characters do not receive a "Veteran" bonus--but level 60+ characters receive a profession boost to their existing professions. If you want specific professions leveled, ensure you've learned them in-game before starting the boost process.
- If you choose to upgrade a character in-game, you must log out to upgrade your character.
This is what you see when you log in on a boosted character:
- Your level 90 character appears by your faction's flight path on the Timeless Isle.
- There is now a mailbox next to your flight path on the Timeless Isle.
- Your character is automatically sent three pieces of mail. One contains your character's old gear, another contains fireworks for hitting level 80 from Rhonin, and the last contains fireworks for hitting level 90 from Lorewalker Cho.
- Your character comes with 4 Embersilk Bag, , a Hearthstone, a backpack, and 20 Lemon Flower Pudding.
Level 90 Starter Gear
Your character is outfitted in a complete set of ilvl 483 greens. These greens are itemized for your class and spec, you only get gear for the spec you selected on the character selection screen.
The Iron Horde must be stopped. Garrosh Hellscream has escaped to the past and united with his father Grommash, fierce leader of Warsong clan. Together they are forging the orc clans of Draenor into a savage war machine.
It falls to you to crush the Iron Horde before the Dark Portal is completed and the invasion begins. Travel to the Draenor of the past: a world of giants and monsters, a world the fearsome and legendary orc chieftains call home. Face the dangers of this untamable world and bring down the Iron Horde—before both the past and the future are lost forever.
Warlords of Draenor launches worldwide this fall, and you can prepare for the coming invasion now by immediately* boosting a character to level 90 with your pre-purchase of the expansion digitally.
To stop Garrosh’s engines of conquest, you’ll need to recruit allies to your cause and construct a mighty Garrison; explore all-new zones, dungeons, raids, and scenarios across Draenor for resources to aid in your quest; and achieve new heights of power on the way to the new level cap of 100.
Interested in boosting more than one character to level 90 right away? In addition to the boost you get with your Warlords of Draenor pre-purchase, you also have the option of buying additional character boosts directly through the Shop in-game. Check out the video below to learn more about how it all works:
Warlords of Draenor is available for pre-purchase digitally in standard and Digital Deluxe editions. The Digital Deluxe Edition comes with a cache of in-game goodies for your favorite Blizzard games, including a Dread Raven mount and Dread Hatchling pet to accompany you in World of Warcraft, Grommash Hellscream and Blackhand Battle.net portraits to intimidate your foes with in StarCraft II, and a battle-torn Warsong Pennant to fuel your demon-slaying rage in Diablo III. What’s more, like the instant character boost, these will be available to you immediately upon your pre-purchase of the expansion.*
Here’s a closer look at these extras:
World of Warcraft Dread Raven mount and Dread Hatchling pet
StarCraft II Blackhand and Grommash Hellscream Battle.net Portraits
Diablo III Warsong Pennant
Warlords of Draenor will also be available as a retail-exclusive Collector’s Edition (in limited quantities), which comes with the in-game extras from the Digital Deluxe Edition along with an array of awesome artifacts from the physical realm, including a hardcover art book, behind-the-scenes Blu-ray/DVD set, Warlords of Draenor mouse pad, and CD soundtrack featuring epic music from the expansion. Check with your local retailer for pre-ordering details. We’ll have more specifics to share on the Collector’s Edition closer to the game’s launch.
For more information on this fall’s launch of Warlords of Draenor, check out the official press release and the Warlords of Draenor web page.
Q: How does boosting a character work?
When you pre-purchase the expansion* or purchase a standalone character boost from within the game, a Character Boost token will appear on the character-select screen in World of Warcraft. Once you purchase it through either method, you can click the token to apply your boost at any time—no need to use it right away if you’re not ready. Keep in mind that character boosts are irreversible, so it’s a good idea to make sure you’re boosting the character you really want to.
If you boost a level-60 or higher character, you’ll also get an extra bonus: both of your Primary Professions will be bumped up to 600, so you’ll be an instant pro at your chosen callings. If you’re boosting an existing character and want to change professions, just make sure you train the professions you want before you apply the boost. Also, if you’re not quite level 60 yet (but thiiiiiiis close), you might want to consider holding on to your boost token until you earn those last couple of levels—your boost will still be waiting for you when you’re ready.
Check out the Character Boost web page, watch our video guide, or read the support article for lots more information.
Q: What do I get with my character boost?
When you boost a character to level 90, whether it’s a newly created level-1 character or an existing character with some experience under their belt, you’ll receive the following:
- 150 gold
- 4 Embersilk (22-slot) bags
- A stack of 20 food items
- Full set of spec-appropriate Item Level 483 gear
- If a boosted character was already level 60 or above, their existing Primary Professions and First Aid are bumped up to level 600, as mentioned above
- A faction-specific flying mount—a traditional Wind Rider for Horde or Gryphon for Alliance
- Artisan flying—that’s one rank below max flight speed
- Northrend, Kalimdor/Eastern Kingdoms, and Pandaria regional flying skills trained
Q: Can I apply my character boost to any character on any World of Warcraft account?
That depends! If you pre-purchase the expansion, the Character Boost token will only appear when you’re logged in to the WoW account you upgraded to Warlords of Draenor. If you purchase a standalone character boost, you’ll be able to use it on any eligible World of Warcraft account on your Battle.net account.
Note that if you’re upgrading to Warlords of Draenor directly from the World of Warcraft Starter Edition, it may take up to 72 hours for you to receive your character boost.
Q: When will I receive my in-game goodies if I pre-purchase the Digital Deluxe Edition?
If you pre-purchase the Digital Deluxe Edition, you’ll receive the World of Warcraft pet and mount right away, along with the in-game bonuses for StarCraft II and Diablo III.
Q: Can I get a character boost immediately if I decide to pre-order a physical standard or Collector’s Edition from a retailer?
Players who purchase either the physical standard edition or physical Collector’s Edition from a retail store will get their character boost when they receive their copies at the launch of the expansion.
If you’d like to receive your character boost immediately*, several options are currently available:
- Pre-purchase the expansion digitally through the Battle.net Shop.
- Pre-purchase the Digital Standard Edition or Digital Deluxe Edition from GameStop in the U.S. or (coming soon) EB Games in Canada (paid in full at the time of pre-purchase). You’ll receive a code redeemable on Battle.net that will unlock your level-90 boost immediately* and also unlock a copy of the expansion pack when it releases.
- Select retailers in the U.S. are also now selling Battle.net Balance gift cards. You can use these to charge up your Battle.net Balance to pre-purchase a digital copy of the game through the Battle.net Shop and unlock your level-90 boost immediately (sales tax may apply).
*Players upgrading to Warlords of Draenor from World of Warcraft Starter Edition must wait until trial restrictions are removed before character boost becomes available (may take up to 72 hours).