in your browser.
Ele or Enhance MoP PvP.
Return to board index
I have always been Resto on my shaman, PvE and PvP alike. I am thinking about changing it up for PvP this season.
From those who have experienced both sides, which is more fun to play? Which seems to have more survivability?
I don't really have a preference as far as ranged vs melee goes, so it really just comes down to spec mechanics.
Any insight would be great, thanks.
This post was from a user who has deleted their account.
I'm currently playing enhance in pvp and I feel like the spec has been unnecessarily detuned and gutted - nobody was complaining about enhancement being OP at anything and they have always been well-rounded, so why the never-ending nerfs to what is arguably the most fun melee spec in the game?
Coming to MoP from Cata we lost:
- Wind Shear; now 12 sec CD instead of 5 (but casters have more insta-CC than ever)
- Improved Earthbind Totem; EB totem does not remove snares and everyone has a snare or 10 these days.
- Spirit Walk decoupled from spirit wolves; 2 min CD for something that clears roots/snares and boosts movement by 60% for a few seconds. CD needs to be cut down and it was better when it was with the spirit wolves since it would not affect GCD when used.
- Spirit wolf 2 sec stun is gone.
- Healing Stream totem now situational, with 30 sec CD rather than providing a constant healing every 2 sec.
- GHW removed; our self healing revolves around plopping down healing rain and (with conductivity) healing based on damage from SS and LL, but the target we are attacking must be standing in the healing rain AoE for this to work. Either that, or use healing storm glyph, which prevents you from using the much-needed glyph of purge. Glyphs of sham. rage and ghost wolf are "must haves" for pvp IMO.
We gained a few things, to be fair:
- Ascendance; this ability benefits all shaman specs but I think enhancement gets the greatest boon from this ability. It's at least double damage for its 15 sec duration, even more if you drop stormlash totem and pop DPS trinkets with it.
- Unleashed Fury; when your weapons are enchanted with Windfury and Frostbrand, auto attacks can trigger static shock and you gain 50% movement speed for 3 sec in addition to the benefits already provided by unleash elements. Unleashed fury is a very good ability for enhance and, based on recount, took me from 20K DPS to 25K DPS on average. Elemental blast provided an improvement of 20K to 22K DPS on average (identical gear).
- Glyph of Purge; a must-have for pvp unless you want to be fodder for priests, mages and any class that relies on bubbles and frequent self-buffs. By sparing you from having to spam purge those GCDs become available for DPS and defensive actions.
For 2v2 Enhance pairs well with:
- Ret Paladins
(in that order based on my experiences)
Healer + Enhance can work but it's an upward battle if you run into another healer + DPS team, a battle you'll usually lose.
Both DKs and Ret can provide solid off-healing and I think hunters have some kind of healing ability now too, but with hunters it has always been about the CC and high burst meshing well with the high and steady single-target DPS of enhance.
You are not logged in. Please
to post a reply or
if you don't already have an account.
Connect with Wowhead
Other Fanbyte Sites
Hearthstone Top Decks
Final Fantasy XI
© 2021 Fanbyte