Post by Attis
The problem is that I want to use both daggers
Thanks in advance.Golad, Twilight of Aspects
"Increase damage dealt by Sinister Strike
and Revealing Strike
Post by Geobuster
The problem with legendaries, are that it does not benefit everything in combat a slow mh does. Sure, the proc is reason enough to run it, but personally, I really dislike the smaller killing sprees and mastery hits, plus the whites, that a fast mainhand offers, so until you get legendaries, that 45% buff is complete trash.
Its not that buff that makes it viable, but the legendary proc, hence why you dont even see those daggers at all in pre-bis.
IF you want to do the highest dps, and use your daggers go sub. You will be better, if not comparable on all fights except ultrax. In fact, sub has maybe the best dps of all specs on spine, thanks to extreme spike damage.
With the right spec and glyphs, you hit numbers no one else is capable of in 16 seconds, which is perfect for spine.
Honestly, the only time a comparably geared combat rogue should beat you, is add heavy yor'shaj, double add tanking boat, both thanks to cleave, and ultrax, thanks to no backstab.
Otherwise, sub is not only the clear winner, but 100x better for your healers, since you essentially never take damage, literally ever, my sub rogue doesn't drop below 90%, soaking stomps, and hours, and every thing else with just feint.
The only issue is a extremely more difficult rotation with a burn phase every minute, in addition to your new 6 sec proc burn phase. It makes the spec extremely fun, especially if you think combat is boring.
Also, for any naysayers, don't let them fool you, sub has the numbers and parses to prove it IS the best rogue spec, for the pros.
All top parses of all fights as a collective on 25 man heroic have Fire mages and sub rogues being the top two best specs overall out of 22 total dps specs. IF you don't mind being lower on ultrax, when combat is almost always top, then you should go with sub.http://raidbots.com/dpsbot/Overall_DPS/25H/100/14/60/default/
I don't mind the trade off, cuz you wont be touched on morch with sub. Combat will only survive if you force your healers to run out, take some damage, and throw a heal on you.
Post by stuffeh
It is more of a question, what do you want to do with your daggers?
Do you want to do dungeons? I suggest to go combat.
Do you want to arena? I suggest Sub.
Combat/sub/assassin is all viable for bgs, not so much for rated bgs though.
The following spec recommendations are for 8/8 heroic DS.
Do you want to do max single target dps and burst dps? Go sub.
- Suitable for morchok
- Warlord (if you aren't assigned to cleave claw).
- Yorsahj (if you have strong aoe already)
- Hagara (more dps uptime on ice pillars+burst dps on vulnerable phase)
- Blackthorn (can solo soak a big swirlie, can ambush/backstab drakes if you're positioned correctly).
- Spine (pretty much required) Only need to have 5% melee hit.
- Spec is viable for Madness(most targets do not dodge/parry here). Be Charred Glyphed and use Crippling Poison on your thrown for the adds on dw's head.
Do you need decent aoe dps while high dps on boss? Go Combat.
- Warlord (if you get to cleave the claw)
- Hagara (great dps on ice tombs)
- Blackthorn (cleave on the adds)
- Spec is viable for Madness (most targets do not dodge/parry here, only need to have 5% melee hit). Use Charred Glyphed and apply Crippling Poison on your thrown for the adds on dw's head.
Do you need great aoe dps? Go Assassin.
- Yorsahj(best dps when aoe'ing black phase, only recommended in 25 man).
- Madness. Most targets do not dodge/parry here, I don't know if you need to be poison hit capped here. 2/2 into Deadly Brew gives the 70% slows to the bloods on dw's head phase, also deals most aoe to the adds.