in your browser.
Item profiler links fail to work if they're too long
Return to board index
Hey, I'm encountering an issue where comparing several full item sets results in a link which cannot be used later — it just brings up a blank profiler. At first, I thought it was bugged out, but it's not.
Instead, it seems to be related to the number of items (or maybe characters) in the link. For example, this link fails and bring up a blank profiler:
Hey! Link! Listen!
I kept trimming off blocks of item code (like "30725.0.3246.0.40113.40113:") from the URL until the link worked, it took the removal of 4 items worth of characters (as in text characters, not players):
Hey! Link! Look! Hey! Link!
Is this a known limitation of the item profiler, or an unintended issue? I've used very large item profiler URLs in the past without a problem; this started happening recently, and I thought the profiler was just broken. But now I know it's just the length of the URL that's giving it fits (or maybe the number of items).
I'm running the latest version of Firefox on Windows XP and the latest version of Java, for reference.
im not sure whats the issue, both links work perfectly fine for me.
i see a hunter set in the first and 3 different sets in the 2nd. (of which the 3rd seems to be a trimmed down version of the 1st)
i see a hunter set in the firstThis is probably identical to what you see when you open
without arguments, this is whatever you had "saved" at some point. When I clicked the first link, I saw a hunter helm and shoulders I once viewed, which I somehow saved.
I'll agree with Nulgar, I got T11 agi mail gloves - hunter tier and off-tier, and I DO remember making that comparison, so yeah, the link is broken.
Very long map links seem to be broken as well, returning 403 Forbidden. The issue with limits has occured with map links before, see this topic (old, by me):
Related? Example in above topic.
I'm going to send this Spiffy's way as well, thanks. I know longer URLs have always had issues, but maybe he can at least give us a reason or fix it :)
Most servers have some limits to the length of GET request to prevent server crashes/exploits.
Though, usually, it is in the area of 2k bytes... thus I suspect, either, a server misconfiguration or script (parameter parsing) error.
The maximum # of chars by default for any given $_GET parameter is 512 chars. The original link you posted had a compare length of 565 chars so the entire parameter gets truncated to "" (0 chars). There is no "standard" for the upper-limit of $_GET vars although most browsers cap at around 2k and the default setting for apache is 8000. I know why our limit exists and how to increase it but I'll have to check with the server guru's before doing so.(##RESPBREAK##)2##DELIM##SpiffyJr##DELIM##
You are not logged in. Please
to post a reply or
if you don't already have an account.
Connect with Wowhead
Other Fanbyte Sites
Hearthstone Top Decks
Final Fantasy XI
© 2021 Fanbyte