Post by Nipah
I normally hate quoting giant bits of text, but come on... these 2 posts sum up the entire situation.
You know... for all of you who say "I don't have the space" just right click and open up the loot table, then leave it. Others can then take the stuff and skin it without you ever having to touch an item.
Fool! Skinners are evil and just want to mooch off of everyone else's kills. This would help them!
Facts I've learned in this thread:
1. Anyone with the skinning profession is a low down, dirty, stinking, pilfering, parasite who follows honest warriors around to reap the benefits of their hard work by skinning the corpse that would otherwise disappear anyway.
2. Anyone who does not skin should NEVER let someone who does have their way. Even if it is in a dungeon and all 5 members took equal part in the kill, NEVER let a dirty filthy skinner mooch off the parties success. Why should they get extra rewards? F*** THEM!
3. Hitler was a skinner. (I'll just get Godwin out of the way here before someone else has a chance to.)
4. It is absolutely imperative that everyone carry every gear set possible with them at one time. You never know when you might need to tank, heal, DPS, PvP-tank, PvP-heal, or PvP-DPS in times between respite in your city of choice.
5. Should a skinner come across a looted corpse that they did not kill, yet can be skinned, they should do a 360 and walk away. There is no honor in skinning a corpse that you did not slay. (Or at least did not get lucky enough with Mr. RNG to be able to loot it in the first place.)
6. Skinning takes a super, super long time. I am super serial. The average skinner takes longer to skin a corpse, than it takes to walk 14.87 yards! That's almost 30 yards if you're a rogue with sprint on (glyphed)! Think of the precious time wasted!
7. Skinners can sense posts dripping with sarcasm, but many non-skinners lack this talent, and therefore will quote, pick apart, and retaliate against such posts, taking them as seriously as if a Blue had said it themselves! (just watch)
Funny :) I learned that people read what they want to read. Like, somehow, I feel entitled to their loot and want to steal it from them, even though I said that I have dealt with it for such a long time that I just don't care about that anymore. I just wanted to know why
they didn't loot, because I didn't get it.
But from the serious replies I've gathered that not looting (in dungeons) is due to:
1. Laziness. If it's a green/blue/purple someone else will click the corpse for them.
2. Space constraints. Some people run around with pretty much everything they own in their bags, so they simply don't have room in their bags for random loot. I don't understand why they don't put that stuff in the bank and just get it when they need it (there are acouple items
that allow you to access your bank in the field), but each to their own.
3. Wealthy. Some people just have enough gold for everything they need/want. For them, looting is a pointless exercise.
4. Being jerks. On the first pull they noticed a skinner, and from then on out refuse to loot, because the skinner will slow down the group by entire minutes during an entire dungeon run!
1 of these reasons seem "legit". #2. Although, if you carry around that much stuff and some of it is for the guild (like one person said), you probably won't be running with randoms anyway. #1 seems like a good fit for the WoW community. #3 I don't understand, since there's always a chance you'll miss out on something interesting, but if you don't want to loot, that's your decision. And #4 also seem to fit the WoW community to a tee.
And for the 4th or 5th time just let me state (again) that I do in face NOT feel entitled to other people's loot. I asked out of simple curiosity. Stop projecting, thanks.
As someone who usually has skinning on all his various characters: I don't really care either way. However, it does sadden me slightly when I see perfectly good leather going to waste on an unlooted corpse.
Post by yukonjack
I'd be curious to know how many epics folks that don't loot end up passing up.This exactly this, the other day while killing spiders in Tol Barad for the daily i looted Dizze's Whirling Robe
put it on the ah for 25k it sold in about 3 hours. Now i know the drop rate on that item is exceedingly small however it does go to show it doesnt hurt to at least look while your there.
Back the op's question, I think its simple some people are frugal and some arent and that behavior only naturally shows up in wow.
If there is an uncommon / rare / epic everyone can click on the mob for the roll to pop up.
My point is not flawed as no where in my statement did i mention being in a group in a dungeon or otherwise. Also the OP does not specifically say people do not loot in dungeons in fact he says while doing dailies, questing and dungeons. I welcome and future rebuttals but please make an effort to comprehend what your reading before replying.